Saturday, October 18, 2008

If I can edit thirty pages a week, I can still finish the current draft of Otters In Space by the end of November. Unfortunately, I'm finding that watching Elaine actually interferes with editing more than writing original material. Under normal circumstances, I can edit, with only limited breaks, for as long as it takes to finish a story. Whereas, the actual writing is much harder and only happens in erratic bursts when my creative energies are charged.

While watching Elaine, however, I only have time for erratic bursts. So, while I've met my four-stories-per-year quota with less trouble than usual, I'm having serious trouble finding enough time to sit down, reacquaint myself with where I'm at in Otters In Space, and then tackle the complicated task of fixing whatever problems I find without creating inconsistencies.

I don't have to worry about inconsistencies if I'm just writing 1000 words of a stand-alone story.

No comments:

Post a Comment