Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The world no longer belongs to me. Last Friday evening, I passed ownership of it along to my new daughter, Tanaris. (I've used Warcraft names for myself and my husband thus far in this blog, so I figure I'll use the Warcraft nickname for my daughter as well.) I'm finding it very relaxing to not own the world any more. So far, she hasn't show too much interest in her new and grand possession. I think my favorite moment with her so far was when we were wheeled out of the elevator, coming down from the recovery ward where Tanaris had spent the first three days of her life. Entering the first floor of the hospital, the hallways opened out around us into a giant lobby, dozens of people walked by or milled in the distance, and I could see Tanaris realizing that the world was hundreds of times larger than she'd known.

Just wait until she realizes that it's hundreds of times larger than that...

And then hundreds of times larger again...

No comments:

Post a Comment