Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My editing has been ranging widely between being barely on track to finish the current draft by the end of the month and not having a hope in the stratosphere of doing so. Basically, I have to edit about six pages a day, but I keep missing days. And then there'll be three page passages that take an entire hour of hack'n'slash to fix, which is a lot of time for me to pull together in one sitting. More than I can manage most days.

Of course, then I'll hit a ten to fifteen page patch requiring only the most minor, cosmetic changes. (Orange becomes spotted; Abyssinian becomes Egyptian Mau.) And that puts me right back on track. Today, I hit one of those, so I'm feeling good about reaching my goal. Tomorrow? No telling. Either way, though, I'm over half way through, and that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment