Sunday, December 7, 2008

Draft three feels like it's breezing by. Working from a marked up manuscript is much easier than forging through on my own, without a page by page critique from a skilled editor. In this case, the editor is my sister, and having her spend the last week reading my novel has been amazingly fun. There should always be someone sitting on the other side of the room, reading one of my manuscripts and laughing at the right parts.

Another fun thing this week has been singing with Elaine. She was walking around the other night chanting, "ba, ba, ba." She'd seen some bicycles and was trying to say "bike," but it got "Barbara Ann" stuck in my head. So I started singing. Fortunately, "Barbara Ann" seems to be pretty easy to sing, and having Elaine sing along is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment