Thursday, February 28, 2013

"How do you tell a recursive joke?"

When I went to tuck Elaine into bed tonight, I was greeted with a big smile and the line, "Do you know how to tell a recessive joke?"  Although it's been ten years, and the wording was garbled, I recognized that someone had been teaching the child old jokes from college.  So, Elaine and I did a few rounds of the following together:

Person 1:  "How do you tell a recursive joke?"
Person 2:  "I don't know; how do you tell a recursive joke?"
Person 1:  "Well, first you tell a recursive joke."
Person 2:  "How do you tell a recursive joke?"
Person 1:  "I don't know; how do you tell a recursive joke?"
Person 2:  "Well, first you tell a recursive joke."
etc.

Elaine says that she's going to teach it to all of the kids at recess tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment