Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When I went to tuck Elaine into bed tonight, she was reading one of the picture books from the little bookcase of kids' books we keep in the hall outside her room.  She kept reading to herself as I tucked her in.  She kept reading as I turned out the light.  "Hey!  I wasn't finished!" she exclaimed from the dark.  I explained that she was free to wake up and keep reading in the morning, but, right then, she needed her sleep.  She thought about that and seemed to accept it, which wasn't surprising, as I've heard her reading aloud to herself every morning this week.  As I turned to leave, Elaine exclaimed, "Reading is my favorite thing to do now!"  I told her that I'd take her to the library soon, and she looked really excited.

Elaine can read.

No comments:

Post a Comment